Who we are
Who we are
Our mission is to create an enjoyable learning environment in which learners can explore the German language and culture. Our sessions do not have the typical 'classroom feel' but value each learner's individual background and knowledge. We see language as an integral part of culture and aim to prepare our learners to be able to communicate well in a German-speaking environment.
With our approach, we accompany our learners on their German journey and encourage them to expose themselves to the German culture wherever possible. Additionally, we give them tools and strategies for independent learning outside of the classroom too.
Work With Us
German Language Teachers
- You will work with a small group of adult learners either online via zoom or in one of our Manchester based classrooms
- 12 or 15 week courses of 1x90min session per week (usually in the evening
- Courses start in January, May and September
- Classes follow the coursebook series "Schritte international neu" (you will receive a copy from us)
- Fees from £25 per 60min
- You are a native or bilingual (proficient) German speaker
- You hold a qualification relevant to teaching German
- You have experience in teaching or leading groups
Our event series “Deutsch Centre Talks!” aims to bring German guests to an English audience to share a broad variety of German culture and language topics. As a host you will assist in recruiting and inviting guest, plan the interview content and host the online session.
This activity doubles as a fundraiser for our partner charity “Emmeline’s Pantry” and all proceeds from event donations are used to order and deliver groceries, toiletries and cleaning products to them.
We would ask you to commit to hosting 3-5 events over the time of 3 months. In return you would receive a two-hour teacher training workshop, have access to observe our German lessons and receive a certificate of completion/letter of reference in English or German.
You’ll also be invited along to one of our regular teaching-team meals (in Manchester or as “zoom Take-Away”)